The School Board of Robbinsdale Area Schools is seeking applicants for a vacant School Board Director seat. There is currently one open seat with a term set to expire on Dec. 31, 2022.
To qualify for an appointment to a local School Board, applicants must be:
- At least 21 years old
- An eligible voter
- District resident for at least 30 days (M.S. 204B.06, Subd. 1)
- Not a convicted sex offender (M.S. 205A.06, Subd. 1b)
To be considered, applicants may not:
- Expect to make over $8,000 as an employee of the district in any fiscal year or (M.S. 123B.195)
- Have a personal financial interest in the sale, lease or contract with the district (there are exceptions) (M.S. 471.87 and M.S. 471.88)
- Hold another elected position except township board (Op. Att’y Gen. 358 Dec. 18, 1970)
Visit rdale.org/BoardSearch2021 to complete the online School Board Director application. All applications must be received by Monday, Aug. 30, 2021. Interviews will be tentatively scheduled for mid-September.
Questions can be sent to School Board Chair David Boone at David_Boone@rdale.org.