Online courses provide 24/7 access to learning within our learning management systems, Schoology and Edgenuity. Students do not meet in a physical classroom at a specific time but allow the flexibility to design your own high school experience. Courses include the following:
- Videos, readings, assignments, quizzes, and tests in Schoology
- Online discussions and projects
- Weekly reflection and goal-setting
We provide a few frequently asked questions:
- Are online courses easier or harder than traditional classroom-based courses?
Online courses offer the same challenge in a different format. The amount of time and work will be equal to the traditional course.
- What are the benefits of online courses?
Online courses provide digital content and flexibility. This fits the learning style of some students better than traditional courses. Students learn in a format used frequently at colleges and work sites.
- Should I take an online course?
Successful students are
- self-motivated and can work independently;
- able to read well and express themselves clearly and in writing;
- good at time management and have a basic understand of technology in regards to internet and Chromebook troubleshooting.